Atlantic highly-migratory fish resources
Work on highly migratory species of fish is mainly done in the context of providing scientifc advice to ICCAT, the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas. Our work directly supports the assessment of species of interest to the US, the development of methodologies for assessment and the understanding of the processes that are critical to the functioning of the upper trophic levels of the pelagic ecosystem.
- Age and growth of juvenile and adult white marlin, blue marlin and spearfish
- Age and growth of juvenile bluefin tuna
- Socio-economic indicators for billfish fisheries
- Software Framework for the evaluation of management strategies FEMS
- Population dynamics of blue and white marlin
CUFER personel also actively participates in ICCAT assessment meetings.